Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What We Say

   Most people, especially in our younger generation, dont really analyze or even briefly think of what we say before we say it. We like to just say what comes to mind thinking that whatever comes out must be appropriate because we thought of it. Here is the thing, we frequently say vastly inconsiderate, hurtful things unintentionally, just either talking too fast, or not considering fully who we are talking to or what we are really trying to communicate. Here are some things to think about during our daily conversations:


  • What is the Holy Spirit leading me to think/ say
  • What am I really trying to communicate
  • Who am I talking to
  • What might their past experiences prohibit me from saying
  • How can Christ be shown in our conversation  
  • Are my emotions dictating my speech, if so, I need to reevaluate
   I honestly cannot say that I think of this every time I have a conversation, but I really should. I think it is a great gift from God and a teacher of patience to learn how to control the tongue. I am working on it every day, so lets work on it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment