Monday, May 21, 2012

In the Mind

   I still remember the days when I went home afraid seemingly out of my mind because during the day, a myth was told to all of us kids who attended and after school care facility. We were told that the boogie monster was real and that everything that he touched, turned to green. Not only that, we were told that he was coming to visit the after school care facility as we took our naps for the day.
   As one can imagine, all of us were absolutely terrified at nap time, and none of us wanted to go to sleep, but at that age, it was hard for any of us to stay up for that length of time for some reason. Therefore, when nap time arrived, I did all that I could to stay awake, but it was in vain. I ended up going to sleep and then woke up, with everyone else, to snack time. We had apple sauce, but not just any apple sauce, GREEN apple sauce, and all of us just knew that the boogie man had came when we were sleeping! I was terrified to sleep at my house for days.
   The boogie man sounds silly but the principal behind it remains the same. The boogie man idea was purely of the mind. It caused physical things, the green apple sauce, to be detrimentally amplified to mean something that it truly did not. Sometimes our biggest battles are not physical, but they happen in our mind. If we can get our minds into submission, our views change and our bodies follow. What are the battles of your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment