Sunday, July 22, 2012

Keeping It Simple

   I have set in many a math class in my day, and I realized one thing, the longer that I advanced, the more difficult it truly became. For example, it went from x to x squared, to x cubed, to y= 3x - 7 to the derivative of 4x.
   However, that leads to my next point. Another thing that I learned is that, no matter how complex the mathematics became, it was all based on something that I had learned before. In the example above, if I had never learned what "x" meant in mathematics, there is no way that I could have solved anything that came after it.
   The first day of kindergarten, no student will get asked to find the derivative of "x". The first day of being a new creation in Christ, what Christian should be expected to know and debate all of the secrets of God, or His laws? Time after time, babies are bombarded with all of this law from the OT and rules and regulations for church, etc., and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is simply treated as a small stepping stone in the Faith! Christ dying for our sins is the foundation of our Faith, the CLIMAX of our lives, so that they only increase in Christ, BASED on the foundation of the Gospel!
   Keep the Gospel, the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ and a relationship with Him, the foundation of your faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment