Monday, June 20, 2011

Back from vacation

I hope to have others on here filling in for future times when I am away but with so few followers, I truly doubt (hope) anyone suffered too much. I am reminded how strange life is for people who are not living a God-centered life. Yes, there are days when I wonder if following God really makes a difference in every day life. To ask someone what their marriage is centered on or what principles do you use in raising your children and get a response of, "I don't know" is truly sad. If I look at things through my physical eyes I am actually depressed by what I see around me but if I look through God's eyes I see Him at work all around, an open invitation to all being offered. How do you get to see through God's eyes one might ask. By purging known sin from your life, asking God to reveal unseen sin to us, studying His Word with a passion and desire to know more, and by placing ourselves beneath others as to see life on their terms.  Arriving home we quickly realized someone had stolen out two rocking chairs off the front porch. The old me would have obsessed over who did it and theorized it must have been someone near by who figured out we were away. I would have worked myself into a frenzy and would have rode around with a loaded shotgun for a few days seeking to judge and punish for myself. Now a days I am thankful nothing else was taken or damaged and realize I will quickly have opportunities to show my neighbors if I am who I say I am in the Lord.  Matthew 5:8 says, Blessed are the pure in heart , for they shall see God.    
http://rayray12951295-mightymanofgod.blogspot.com
Recovery principle -  There is much more to life after recovery, but without it I won't ever see it. Blessings, Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment