Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Complete trust

To experience genuine love with God, we must depend on God to do the things only He can do. Him alone. Israel turned to the help of many over the years but always realized God was the only one who could guide and provide for them.  I don't want to use my Savior as a flotation device someone can throw to me when I'm sinking. Through a personal and intimate relationship with Christ Jesus I am ready at all times. How does this look  in real life one might ask? I need His guidance and provision for my family finances and career direction for my wife and I and of course the safety and maturation of my three children. I need Him to do things in our lives that I cannot do. I know the humanistic formulas to arrive at places predetermined by me but I need supernatural influence to get done what God has asked me to do for Him. John 15:5 says, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit;apart from me you can do nothing.

Recovery perspective- One day at a time! (sweet Jesus)                                   Blessings, Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment