Friday, July 1, 2011

Slaves of Righteousness









Prior to becoming a Christian we were slaves, in bondage to sin. Even when we did not want to sin, we were unable to do otherwise. Romans 7:18 says, " For I know nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." When God saves you, He frees you from sin, but we are still slaves. Bound to righteousness and obligated to do what honors God in every area of our lives. Some live in denial believing that they've been set free by Christ to do as they please. Righteous living is not an option for Christians, it is a mandate.  I can no longer respond to others or my own fleshly desires based on my feelings, I do so out of obedience and reverence to the One who plucked me from darkness. His name is Jesus. Without His Spirit living through me, which requires daily surrender of my own will, I can't begin to live a holy, sanctified life.  Romans 6:18  says, " And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness."        Blessings, Dave

Recovery perspective - Without recovery I will be unable to sustain my focus on Christ. Jesus is my Savior and recovery is a fully loaded tool belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment