Monday, September 5, 2011

"Mom, I need help with lunch!!"

   Before my senior year, I used to eat lunch and breakfast at school every day of the week. If I remember correctly, breakfast used to cost around $2 and so did the lunch. So I was permitted by my parents, because of the amount of money put into my account bi- weekly, to eat breakfast and lunch everyday, only getting extra things when I had cash, not using my account money for extras, just the essential breakfast and lunch.
   But it happened that every year since middle school, I would always somehow owe the school some money at the end of the year. No matter how it was calculated, or how many times it was analyzed, I would somehow owe money.
   I did not have a job (the law- you will follow this in a second.) but somehow those accounts still needed to be paid. I needed a mediator (Jesus) in this case my mom to come pay the lunch account at the end of every year until I graduate. So every year, my mom would pay my lunch account off (dying on the cross) because I could never do it for my self, for it was impossible because I did not have a job.
   You see, I owe God for my sin, but it is impossible for me to pay for it myself for there is no way I could follow the law perfectly, so Jesus came and died on a cross and paid my debt for eternity for I could not myself. That is the Gospel, the center of the story of time, never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment