Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Time For Rest

   I used to run every single day of the week. As I told you before, i did not start out as the best, or even a good, runner. I started out with extremely slow times and needed some practice so that I could get faster. So I started running Sunday through Sunday every week.
   At first, this seemed like a great strategy. My times were getting alot faster and in turn, my health alot better. But after six days straight, I was getting tired. Very tired. Too tired. To the point where I was too exhausted at times to run two days in a row.
   If you have accepted Christ, you accept that God created the world and believe that the seventh day of creation was a day of rest. God rested. And every Sabbath day in the Christian Faith is a day of rest, of no work, time with family, resting as God did during creation.
   My point, if you are in ministry, or just living a life of Christ that gets stressful at times for whatever reason, take time to rest. Prioritize your time and energy into spreading the Gospel, and know when your limits are reached and you need to just sit back and take a break. This never means taking a break from following Christ, this just may mean taking a break from conference calls, ministry paperwork, etc. and resting with friends and family. May the Peace of Jesus be with all who proclaim His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment