Thursday, September 22, 2011

Real Weightlifting

   In the eighth grade, I started playing football. I always admired the sport, and knew inside that I would be at least o.k. at it. So I took on the challenge.
   As far as speed went, I wasnt above average until the 11th grade really. So back in the eighth grade, my speed was only average. So that was not really what I could call my strong point.
   When it came to weights, it did not really matter how much anyone on the team could lift because we had someone at our middle school who was already in the high 200's as far as bench pressing went. He was our tight end and the star of the team as far as weight lifting went.
   Personally, my strong point in turn then was heart. I had the dedication to be successful on the team. So when it came to something like lifting weights, I always would persevere because I wanted to become better than before. And after a month or two, my muscles started to become enlarged and I was getting stronger.
   But in the path of 4 years now, my weightlifting has gotten slim to none compared to what it used to be. And so what do you think happened?
   Well, science wise, since the muscles became developed back then, when I lift just a little now, the muscles oxidize and become bigger, a pump if you will.
   But without lifting, muscle is lost. My point, it is the same way when it comes to Christianity. When you accepted Christ, you probably got a pump. Your patience was strong, and your heart was on fire. But if you stopped working that patient and continually seeking the Lord every day, it can have the effect of one not lifting weights for a while, they may become weak and weary. So my challenge, lift your weights by seeking Christ, His heart and His Wisdom daily to become stronger and stay stronger in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment