Thursday, September 8, 2011

Priorities Part 1

   Not saying this to gloat, but I have always had an "A" in my grades for homework. My class grades were pretty well too, but no matter the class grade my homework grade was always an "A." Lets talk about why.
   When I was in elementary school, my mom would always make me do my homework. And I really mean make me. She would require that my homework be completed every day after school before I was even allowed to go outside and play with my friends. Sometimes, my friends would even come to the door with a football or basketball and ask for me to come outside, but before my mom said that it was ok, she would always ask "did you have any homework? well, did you finish it?" If I would answer no, I would have to go upstairs and finish it before I could play.
   I used to hate it when she did that in the past. Why? I wanted to be like alot of other kids in America who loved putting play before work in everything that they did. But I learned that later, if those kids kept that ideology in every aspect of their life, they were generally the ones who gave up on being Firm in their Faith, and even being successful sometimes in the Earthly aspect.
   So from that I realized, priorities are ever so important, especially for the Christian lifestyle. Things like God and the Gospel, Family, Friends, Ministry, Education, etc. My challenge to you, analyze your priorities and see how they line up with the word of God. Then model your life with the priorities that God's Word has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment