Sunday, September 4, 2011

True Satisfaction

   When I was around five years old, I received my first, none working of course, cell phone. I was in the basement of my grandmothers house and I would get that phone, that would not even turn on, and play with it every day, for hours. Then eventually I got to be at the age where my mom would let me use her real cell phone on some days while she was at work just in case of emergencies, etc.
   So imagine the feeling that I had when I was ten years old and was given my first (pre-paid and that point) cell phone. I was extremely happy. I would make 30 second cell phone calls on it every day (because I did not really want to run out of minutes) but the progressions did not stop there of course.
   When I hit my teenage years, my mom bought me my first real (monthly) cell phone. It only had 400 minutes per month but I enjoyed it so so much. I would text people all of the time because it had unlimited text messaging. Now I have unlimited everything on my phone, (which i tend to use) and it is an Android powered device.
   Why do I say all of this, I like my phone, dont get me wrong, but after all these years and phones, this progression helped me realize something, earthly gifts/treasures/accomplishements/possessions will never grant true and eternal satisfaction. The cell phones were great, but with time, and new and better one will always come out. The only gift that brings satisfaction that can never be surpassed with any amount of time is the Gospel, Christ dying for our sins. That is the only true satisfaction for all of eternity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment