Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Imitator of Christ

   I remember growing up with I used to watch a movie entitled Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. In my opinion, this was an excellent movie with great action and suspense, yet an easy to understand story line. However, I bring this movie up because it had a hero. The classic battle of good versus evil.
   The hero was an excellent swordsman who seemed to be very wise, yet mighty in battle. He could sense every waking move of his opponent, and paralyze people with his bare hands. The point is, this guy was phenomenal. So, for the next few weeks, I went around pretending to be this guy.
   Every day after school, I would go behind our couch in the living room and pretend to fight battles with evil swordsmen in an ancient Chinese empire, saving all of the citizens from the evil. I saw characteristics in this hero of the movie, and wanted to imitate them.
   If this was a movie, how much more then should we strive to imitate to perfect characteristics of Christ! He who loves all and shows compassion and understanding in concordance to the PERFECT Will of the Father. What areas of your life may not imitate Christ? He is the Perfect One, the Ultimate Hero, let us strive to imitate Him in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment