Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In the Family

   In my life, I can truly say that there are many things that I have done, especially to my mom, that were worthy of great apology. For example, when I first hit my teenage years, I would yell at my mother for no reason whatsoever, a lot. I just wanted control. But that was not the point. The point was that at times, I was extremely disrespectful even though she showed me love and acceptance and what I did was worthy of apology.
   She continually forgave me time and time again. Because I was and am her son. And I forever will be. So when she looked at me, she didnt hear my apology as some random person on the street apologizing, but she saw me as her son, something of hers apologizing from the heart with the intention of not doing it again.
   When you have accepted Christ and have become a disciple of His, you are a part of the family. The Son of God dwells in you and you abide in Him! You are His child. So when He looks at you, He does not just see one of 7 billion people, but He hears His son calling on Him for forgiveness with the intention of not doing it again, working towards stopping their sin. Therefore God, because He has no problem recognizing you, has no problem forgiving you, for you are truly His. Praise God!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment