Sunday, February 12, 2012

No Cover- Ups

   For those who do not know, I am a crazy soccer fanatic. Well, dull that down to just a moderate soccer fan. Either way, the point is that I love soccer. So much so that I used to play every chance that I would get. My friends would call me up and we would go to different venues and play the world's favorite sport.
   So one day, in the spirit of trying something new, we traveled to an indoor soccer field to play. It was a very chaotic time because right next to us was an indoor volleyball high school tournament. However, this was the first time that I had played indoor soccer at a competitive level. Sure, for leisure, I had played many times, but not to actually win.
   Therefore, I did not know of the rule not to slide. However that day, I did learn it, and I learned it well. Needless to say, I slid, and slid hard. My knee bled badly, even though at first I did not feel it at all. So two days later, I had to go to school, and while everyone else wore shorts because of the summer heat, I wore pants because my knee was still bruised pretty badly.
   Just because I wore pants, was the bruise gone? NO! You see, just because one covers something up does not mean it is not there. That is why God deals with our hearts, where we cannot cover anything up. God knows our hearts, so we should continually ask Him to search our hearts so that they may be pure and pleasing to Him. God goes for the heart, not the cover ups we attempt in every day life! Lord, Search our Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment