Monday, January 7, 2013

Gather

   Matthew 12.30- ""He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." The words of Jesus as He is talking to the Pharisees. This is an astounding statement, two in fact. However, I would like to focus on the second part of this statement. "He who does not gather with me, scatters."
   It is a necessity to gather with Christ, both privately and publically. In fact, without it, scattering is promised. Scattering from the foundation of Christ, the Solid Foundation. So what does that mean for us?
   Privatley we must seek Him. We must stay in His Word, following the guidance of His Statutes and the leading of the Holy Spirit. We must meet with Him daily and continue in a pure relationship with the Living God. Pubilically we must gather with others, with the same goal as to reaching and abiding in Him. These are necessities, commands even! Gather!

No comments:

Post a Comment