Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sowing

   Most of people have heard the phrase, "you reap what you sow" before. So let us dive into the true meaning of the phrase. Its quite simple, you get out what you put in. For example, if you decided that you wanted to plant watermelons, and you put apple seeds in the soil, you will not get watermelons, but instead apples.
   So, how often do we ask the question of what we are sowing? I find that I do not ask myself this question often enough. For example, laughing at that inappropriate joke or joining in in an act that causes someone else any kind of harm, physical or emotional, is sowing the wrong things for my life.
   So I encourage you, since you do reap what you sow, sow encouragement and the things of the Lord, for then you will reap encouragement and the things of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment