Monday, December 19, 2011

King

   For a second, I am going to go back to the subject of my mom. Over the years, my mothers has become a pretty good friend. She may not be as daring as I am, or quite as young, but she has become a great friend. One to laugh with, joke around with, etc., just as any other friend would be.
   But when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, she still has the title mother, and no matter what, as long as I am under her roof, what she says goes. No discussion, she holds the cards over me, if you will. And if I ever forget that, I am quickly reminded.
   It is a great thing that the Lord calls us friend. It is amazing that we can come to Him as we are, and just talk to Him like our friend or our brother, telling Him about all that is going on in our days and in our lives.
   But God is also our Sovereign King, the King of the Universe, to whom's name every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that He is Lord. So while we consider Him friend, also remember He is Lord over ALL, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords who reigns forever! Its fine to think of Him as friend, but also remember, He is the one and only Living God of All, the Lord Almighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment