Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not Alone

   So many out there try to run the Christian race alone. I remember when I first started really playing soccer. I would watch some videos here and there. I would maybe even sometimes go out and kick the ball around by myself. I would kick the ball to one side of the yard, run, and chase it at the other side of the yard, and then do it all over again.
   Yet in that era, every time that I would go to play with my friends, I would do terrible. I was good compared to what I was the week before, but still not near where I would need to be to play at a competitive level.
   In fact, it was not until I started practicing with some of the ones that I would be playing against and having them train me that I would become pretty competitive to the point where I was someone wanted on a team.
   I realized that even though kicking the ball alone in the back yard did improve my fundamental skills and was much needed, practicing together with others turned out to make us ALL better players in the long run.
   So as a Christian, alone time is important, but fellowship helps us ALL grow together towards Christ. So remember that you are not in this race alone, but take some time to fellowship so that you may grow and learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment