Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Strength

   In the eighth grade, I progressed like any other middle school boy back then. That was the year that I started being interested in females, and started wanting to be a big superhero type macho man. I started wanting to have the coolest clothes and the most popular friends. And like the cooled and most popular back then, a guy named Matthew, I wanted to be physically big and strong.
   So I started lifting weights for the first time. I was naturally a little strong but not nearly as strong as the ones who had been lifting weights for two or three years. The first time we were in the weight room, our quarterback lifted about 150, and matt was at around 275. Our principal was still over 300 as far as bench press goes. Big man.
   After a few days, I quit lifting and just thought I would do it later or at home. I got no bigger and by the end of the year I had joined the wrestling team the same size as I was on the football team. I depended on genetics alone for my strength.
   I know some may think that idea was crazy, but its what we all do sometimes. We forget that the Joy of the Lord is our strength, and depend on ourselves for strength to conquer the world, but its the Lord where our help comes from. Depend on the Lord in All of our ways, for His Joy is our strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment