Sunday, December 18, 2011

Passion

   When my mom comes home from work everyday, I hate to say it, but most of the time I am all in her face, joking, laughing, and sometimes even getting on my moms nerves. It is not because I havent seen her in a long time, I just saw her the night before and we live together, but I love my mom so much that every day my love shows in a close, exciting, sometimes annoying way.
   On the other hand, my mom shows her love for me in a more subtle approach. She might offer me some of her apple cider or tell me a joke of some sort, or just kid around with me. She does not have to be in my face all of the time and in fact most of the time, she is not.
   Which one of us loves the other more? Can you really judge? No, you cannot. We both have love for each other, just shown in different ways. So do I shun her for not being an in your face type of person? No. Does she shun me for that? No. The point is, do not just someone's love for God by how much they are yelling as they preach, or how high they jump during worship. Not every sermon has to be loud, and not every worship has to contain a jump. Some in the bible we very physical about their passion and worship. Some others were not so much. As long as your passion and love for Christ and His renown is genuine, that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment