Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Life Inside

   I speak Spanish. In fact, I am very close to being fluent in Spanish. I am not exactly fluent yet, but I am at the rate where I could be dropped of in a Spanish speaking country without food or clothing or money and still survive.
   So one Sunday morning during worship band practice, as a joke, I told one of our singers that I was from Colombia, because our leader joked and told her that I was not from the US. So she asked me and I said, "Soy de Colombia."
   I spoke a little more Spanish for a convincing effect. I spoke it fast and perfect, and for that moment in time, she thought that I was actually from Colombia. But the only truth in that story was that I actually said it. The content of the story was not true at all.
   When people look at our lives, they should see that the Gospel truly lives in us. They should see a forgiven spirit and a heart after God because His forgiveness reigns in us. Don't let the Gospel seem hypocritical in our lives to where the only truth seems to be that we are saying the words. But live a life grateful of the Gospel of Jesus, so that it may be shown that it reigns as truth in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment