Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Always Watching

   When I was first starting to learn how to drive for myself, the first thing that I was instructed to do, even before I received my permit, was watch my mother as she drove. That meant everything. I watched her buckle her seat belt, I watched as she started the car and the position of her hands on the steering wheel.
   I also listened to everything that she said. She told me to never go over six over the speed limit, always buckle up, and always pay attention to the road. However, the most important part was surely the watching. She could have said absolutely anything that she wanted to. She could have possibly said to never go one mile per hour over the speed limit, but how powerful would that have been if she did that everyday?
   Telling people about the excellence, love, power, and forgiveness of Christ is an absolute calling as Christians and followers of Jesus Christ! However, Jesus was surely not just talk. And listening to Him is surely not all that the disciples did.  The watched His every move! They watched His responses, and listened to His words.
   People watch your actions! Our job is not only to tell about Jesus, but to BE like Him! In our actions and our words! People are watching, so show them Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment