Wednesday, April 11, 2012

To Obey

      There are many that come to various churches and gatherings and feel very comfortable praising and worshiping the Lord. Especially because worship is preached and encouraged all of the time. And this is a  very necessary aspect of the Christian life as well!
   However, it cannot be alone. Let us take my parents for example. What if, every where that they went, or every time that we spoke, I commended them on their parenthood? As they are cooking breakfast, as we ride in the car, no matter the setting, I always compliment something.
   Yet, when a command was given, it was simply always ignored if it seemed to be inconvenient to me in any way. If I did not see how it would directly benefit me, or did not feel comfortable completely doing it, I would not. Is that how it should be?
   Yes, worshiping is of dire importance! But, OBEYING is of just as much. Matthew 28 tells us in the making of disciples, we teach others to OBEY all that Jesus has commanded! Both are necessary, but one can not and should not exist without the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment