Sunday, April 1, 2012

What Would You Think?

   Lets go on a hypothetical journey. Say that I met you in person one day at a banquet, and we carried on a lengthy and serious business minded conversation. After that, I told you to meet me for lunch the next day to confirm the business transaction that we had just discussed.
   So the next day, I wake up that morning with my day already planned out (stewardship over time) and I intentionally do not put you on my schedule. Consequently when it comes time for lunch, I do not show up at the restaurant, but call you that night instead and ask you to go forward with the business plan, providing no explanation for why I missed lunch.
   Would you, being stood up at that restaurant, be willing to go forward with the business plan? Or would you instead look at me as a person and as the son of the Living God, and judge me as one who did not follow his word? Then, would you consequently judge all who say as I do that they follow Christ, as hypocrites because of my action?
   We are supposed to be those of our word, as God is. God never made or makes a promise that He will not fulfill completely, and as examples of Him, we are not to either. If we cannot do something, we should say that we cannot, and if we say we can, we should do it. Everything that we do reflects what we believe, and if you claim to believe that Jesus is the Lord of your life, then what should you reflect?

No comments:

Post a Comment