Thursday, April 12, 2012

Be Anxious For Nothing

   Lets say that you turn your television on to watch the news. It would only take a few minutes before you heard of someone either getting shot, killed, their property broken into, or them being badly injured. Today's media, and today's world for that matter, are full of these happenings unfortunately.
   When this is the case, there is no surprise that the temptations for fear, worry, and distrust for God are present.  But I would like to tell you a story. A story about me first learning how to ride a bicycle.
   If I remember all of the details correctly, I was very young and had ridden a tricycle for some time. I saw all of the bigger children around me riding bicycles and I thought that it was about my turn to ride. So, my mother took the two supporting wheels off of the back of the tricycle and let me try to get my balance by first holding on to the bike and then progressively letting go. I though I was all alone, riding down the road by myself. However, my mother was always right there, following close behind.
   Philippians 4.6 says to be anxious for nothing. Anxiety is not of the Lord! It may seem at times that we are in life or in situations alone, but GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT THERE! Worry not, for the Lord is ALWAYS with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment