Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Learning How To Walk

   When I was a very little child, it was fascinating to see every adult and child older than me freely and effortlessly walking around. I am sure that there was not a lot that I wanted more than to be walking around with everyone else.
   However, when I was still crawling and it was about that time to learn how to walk, I would stand up, go a few steps, and then fall right back down again.
   What would my mother do? Would she pick me up and carry me everywhere I went because I fell? Absolutely not! Because she knew that in the long run, that fall was for the better, for my good, that I would eventually learn how to walk and not fall.
   When things happen that may not seem ideal for our lives, like if a loved one passes, or a friendship takes a turn for the worse, know that it may seem detrimental, but for those that love the Lord and are called according to His Purpose, His Word says that all things work together for our good! I encourage you to not become distraught in things that do not look ideal, but to trust in the Lord and His Word that this too shall pass and work together for your good!

No comments:

Post a Comment