Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An Indicator

   I know that if you follow Hope Ministries of the Upstate, you surely know of Celebrate Recovery. Or at least have heard of it. Well, here is the thing, for about a year now, I have been the active sound engineer since we moved to the auditorium. For a second, I am going to go into what that means.
   Actually I am more of a media director. overseeing the sound and lighting and video and consequently being the bridge between CR and First Baptist media wise And the one held responsible for all things that go wrong. The responsibility is great but it is another part of the position. I generally run sound but that is not by any means all of my responsibilities. Most say that, because of my training every week from a proffessional sound engineer, that my skills are good and are becoming better with time.
   Now I know youre thinking, this sounds very conceited. All he is doing is bragging. But no, bare with me. Here is why I say this. I come every week on the week not to be in the "Do" of Christianity, but because I know that my works are the indicator of my faith. I serve the church and the Kingdom because I have faith in the Kingdom of God. Do not let your works define you, but let them define to others your belief in the one True God!

No comments:

Post a Comment