Monday, August 29, 2011

Riding the Tri-cycle

   When I was five years old, it was about time for me to learn how to ride a bike. Well at that time, a tricycle. At that time, my mom and I lived in a small apartment downtown. It was not a bad place, but it was a small community, consisting of a few blocks, just enough space for me to learn a skill that I would use to this day, how to ride a bike.
   The plan was, my mom stayed with me for the start, and then immediately tapered off so I could ride the bike by myself. Or at leat that is what I thought. So we started and I rode down one straight of sidewalk. I could visibly see my mother right beside me. Then we hit the curve, and at this point in my mind, my mom was going to stop following me and just watch me go from there. So I kicked up the speed and went for it. Eyes barely open, catching the speed.
   Little did I know, my mom was behind me the entire time. She was watching, making sure that I was safe, and there to help me along the way even though I could not see her face to face. Whats my point, it is almost the exact same with God. he watches us, even though we may not see Him face to face, He is always there. He is always behind you, in front of you, beside you, and in you! He is God!!! The difference between God and the story: eventually my mom really let me go on my own and learn how to be a better biker. But God is ALWAYS with you, teaching and training you to be a disciple of His!!

No comments:

Post a Comment