Thursday, August 25, 2011

Running the Mile

   I remember a few months ago, I went to go run a break my PR. I started running long distance in the ninth grade. I ran my first official mile for PE class and got in the seven minutes. 7.02 to be exact. From there, my mile rate actually decreased over time. My times got longer and it in turn took me longer to finish races. Eventually I was in the early 9's as I ran the mile towards the end of my ninth grade year.
   So I decided that I had to start running as a routine to get faster in my mile and two mile and just faster in general. So that is what I did. At first, of course it was not easy at all! Actually it was a little discouraging. I ran and did not seem to get any faster. But there was something that I knew in the back of my mind that was very powerful. I knew that even though I could not see instant results of a great magnitude, I was still getting faster in the long run. I knew though that I had to keep it up with endurance.
   So I shattered my pr then and beat my old two mile record by over 4 minutes. What am I trying to get across to you? Growth requires endurance. I will say it again. Growth requires endurance. The full equation: Endurance in Growth tends to bring success. That is how it works in our relationship with Christ. We cannot just pray every morning and then live life however we want and expect to grow. We must have endurance in seeking God's face and Will for our life, or even just our day, so that we may grow. That is success.

No comments:

Post a Comment