Monday, March 5, 2012

Pushing Out

   When I enrolled into school my freshman year, I decided that I would go and try out for the football team. I had no idea why I was trying out for the team, and when I started, I was not sure if I wanted to continue in the tryouts. However I did try out and make the team and because I did, I had to be enrolled of the sports version of the PE class.
   In this PE class, students from all different school sports would meet together for a little less than 90 minutes per day and run together and lift weights and do drills according to their particular sport. The main thing that we did, however, was run. In fact, weekly, we would be required to run a mile, timed.
   Before this class, I had never ran a mile without stopping before. However, I loved sprinting so I thought that the concept would be the same and therefore the mile would be a piece of cake. However, I found out quickly that the mile was new to me and it was not in my comfort zone to run it because at first, it was not an easy thing to do.
   However, once I broke that comfort zone initially in PE class, I realized that over time the mile got easier and easier and now saying that I am going to run a mile is almost a joke. But i would have never thought that if I did not initially break that comfort zone.
   As a Christian, can you think of any way that your comfort zone has been broken lately? If so, can you think of another way to stretch past that? If not, can you think of a way to push out of your comfort zone? Being in Christ is all about continual growth! So, how have you grow out of your comfort zone lately? Or have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment