Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Till the End

   Every time that I go out for a two mile run, I try to increase my pace at a rate of at least 30 seconds. Of course, even under optimal conditions, this can only happen so many times before a cap is reached and it is not possible for me to go any faster.
   However, at around the one and a half mile mark, since I am going at my fastest rate trying the beat the time acquired before, my body starts to feel the run  if you will. As in, it starts to become increasingly to run with excellence and proper technique. Yet, my focus must be on one thing, finishing the race.
   My mother walks or does some form of work out daily. That is, more than me, every day she is committed to finishing some type of routine. However, my mother does not really run, and if we were to race, I am pretty sure that it would be a disaster waiting to happen. Nevertheless, we both finish our routines every time that we start them. So tell me, whose routine is better or more important?
   No ones. The goal is not how fast we go, but that we finish! That being said, to finish, no matter the pace, requires perseverance. This is so for the Christian Race as well. No matter the speed, it requires a continual progression forward and the perseverance to finish in the end! For at the end is the greatest prize of all, the Father! So continue to keep moving forward, till the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment