Sunday, March 4, 2012

Teaching To Follow

   When I attended elementary school, I gratefully earned all A's during those six years. Now I see how minute of an accomplishment this really is. However, it did help me to realize something of dire importance that I still think of to this day.
   In elementary and middle school, I attained all A's because in every class, I learned the material acquainted with that subject and that class. The teacher taught me what I needed to know for my homework, assignments, and tests and then test my knowledge. I was able to regurgitate the data given to me and pass all of my assignments. However, what I learned in the future was that, much more valuable than the curriculum that they taught me, was that I actually learned how to learn. I needed to learn how to study and learn how to attain knowledge than the exact curriculum that the specific teacher taught.
   The teachings of Jesus are absolutely necessary and quite marvelous! However, when we spread Jesus to others, it is of more importance to teach others how to follow Jesus for themselves and obey His Word, instead of just giving the commands of His Teachings legalistically. If they seek Jesus for themselves and learn how to follow Him, the universal benefits of that True Relationship are endless and necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment