Monday, January 9, 2012

Here for You

   For five years now, I have played and learned piano at Converse College in Spartanburg, SC, the city of this ministry. At first I was quite apathetic and apprehensive to start learning piano, for I could not think of many reasons to learn such an instrument.
   However, it turned out to be one of the greatest things to happen to me. Yet, every week, when I go to learn my weeks lesson in piano, it is a professional assembly in a professional setting. I dress for the occasion and make sure that i am properly presentable.
   There is no oral dress code, yet it is very understood that there is an underlying and non negotiable sense of class every time I attend my piano class.
   I say that to say this, now when I go to piano, I go there for a reason, a very understood one, to learn piano. I come there for a specific reason, not to joke around with time, but to fulfill a purpose.
   When we attend church, our goal is not to be popular, or so that people think we are Christians, or to pick up those of the opposite sex, but to Worship Christ as Savior and King, and to fellowship with fellow believers, and to be built on the Word of God shared at that time so that you may grow and help others to grow in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Do not just go to church to go, but go and tell God, "Lord, I'm here for You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment