Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ultimate Grace

   I remember when I was around 13 years of age in Fairforest Middle School. That was the age where I knew the world front and back and there was absolutely nothing else that I could learn. At that time, there was no such thing as a quest for knowledge or wisdom, because I swore that I knew it all!
   Unfortunately, this was even true when it came to the counsel, and even the commands, of my mother. For example, my mother would tell me a command, even in the nicest ways possible, and I would consider whether or not to do it based on what I knew and how I felt, because I thought that my way would always be better. I thought that my way was always correct, and the commands that I was given were only suggestions.
   It was sort of like one getting pulled over for running through a stop sign. The sign clearly only commands one thing, to stop, and that is the one thing that you did not do at the sign, therefore the cop pulled you over.
   BUT, for all of those in Christ, it is like the officer takes the ticket and rips it up in your face and says, "Forgiven." According to the Law, we should not be given the opportunity to enter into Heaven with God because of our sins, unless someone is perfect with the Law, which I do not know anyone living today who is. Yet God gave Grace, ripped the ticket if you will, for all of those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. This does not mean a free pass to sin, but it does mean forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment