Thursday, January 12, 2012

Understanding

   What does it mean to say you love something or someone? What does it mean to actually love something or someone? After you have figured that out, when it comes to loving people like Jesus did, what does that mean for you?
   You see, if anyone of you have ever had children, you will understand this story much better than I can explain it. When I was a newborn, I used to cry, a lot. As of any baby did. Normal correct? Yes. But lets remember something, as a newborn, I could not speak English, or Spanish, or any language, I could not speak at all.
   So guess what that meant, whether I was hungry, thirsty, or needed a diaper change, the same means of communication was used, crying. Every time I needed something, my mouth would open and my small vocal chords would vibrate until a high pitched sound came out in the form of a cry.
   My mom loved me, and she still does for the record. So instead of waiting to change my diaper until I spoke English, she would have to check me and figure out whether I needed a meal or a diaper change or whether I was just sleepy. I did not really know how to talk, but she had to figure it out and have understanding to help because she loved me.
   We are called to love others in the pattern that Jesus loves us. That means in everything, we give others our time, understanding, patience, and encouragement, showing them the Love of Jesus in our speech and actions. So love others, by taking the time to show understanding. It may go farther than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment