Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More

   When I was a little boy, I was quite adventurous and I loved it! I used to try to either play in or figure out everything. If there was a radio, I would try to take it apart and put it back together again to see if I could get it to continue operation. If there was a play pin full of balls, I would want to be the first one to want to jump in it. If there was a computer, I would want to be the first to hop on it and figure out the operating system.
   However, this curiosity was not always the best thing for my health. Sometimes it got me into some trouble, yet growing up, it taught me common sense. For example, one time, my mother was preparing dinner and the stove top was hot with misty steam arising from the punishing metallic pot. My hand, small in stature, and my mind, full of curiosity, cut not resist the temptation of the sensation of coming in contact with such mystery, so I gave in and touched the blazing pot.
   As anyone who has ever touched something painfully hot can tell you, it is not one of those things that you would willingly do again. Whats the point you ask? Today, even though temptation of being tough and manly if you will still may temp some to touch the pot, they know that the reward of NOT having first degree burns is more than not having fingers.
   When it comes to our sin, and we look at the Cross, we have to see the eternal reward of following and obeying Christ as much larger than the temporary pleasure of our sin. We HAVE to see Jesus as SO much more or we will fail everytime! Jesus is MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment