Sunday, January 1, 2012

Torch

   My mother wears glasses. I get she passed on the need for corrective lenses to me when she had me as to this day, I wear contact lenses. When I was a child, I had no idea that my vision was really going bad, I thought deterioration of vision was the normal. However, my teachers and mother noticed it and I then got glasses.
   The years later, in the seventh grade to be exact, I received contacts after much persuasion to my mother. Because of the fact that when she had them, they were glass permeable, she did not fall in love with the idea of me having them.
   But now that I have gotten used to my contacts, when I take them out at night, it still shocks me to this day. When I take them out, my vision again needs correcting. It did not change just because Id worn contacts that day. And the real joy comes when I put them on in the morning. Every morning, I again realize how much I need my contacts to correct my vision.
   When I received Christ, of course there was an initial flame. It was fantastic! But just because I had that flame does not mean that I don't still need Christ on a daily basis going through life. He is still my Rock, as He should be! Lets keep the torch lit daily as we realize that we need Jesus daily and we seek Him daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment