Thursday, January 26, 2012

Words

   When I attended elementary school, the school was literally around five to seven minutes away, and therefore my mother drove me to school every morning. However, many miles away lied the middle school that I would go to, around fifteen to twenty minutes away, which compared to five, seemed like an eternity.
   Since my mother had to be at work at a time that made it impossible for her to take me to school and be at work on time, I rode the bus for all three years of middle school, and around two and a half years of my high school career.
   Now on the bus, there was not much to do, other than text, talk, and ride. So for most of the time, we chatted. Unfortunately, most of it was, as the Apostle Paul warns us of, mindless chatter. Some would sadly pick on others, and discriminate, which really had more impact than they knew.
   You see, the power of life and death is in our tongue. What we say has the power to move mountains. God did not create the world with a book on theology. He created the world with His Words! As we established earlier, faith comes by hearing, and we hear words. You see, our words should speak life and spread faith! Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment