Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stand By It

   When I was in elementary school, there was never a time when I made anything less than an A. At that time, classes were quite easy and I dont know how much we actually "learned," but nevertheless, I always brought home A's. So in middle school, as the classes got slightly more interesting, my mother made me a promise. She said that for every A I brought in, I would earn one dollar. So every report card period, there was the possibility of making up to six dollars.
   And so that is what happened. For every A that I brought home, I earned one dollar. The excitement at first was the payment, and then as I got older, the prize was the principle behind the payment. I was proud of my effort to earn this money with my grades, and, the point, I was glad that I knew my mom was a woman of her word.
   As Christians, we are watched intensely daily, and what we do is representative of our life with Christ. Therefore, when it comes to us giving our word, thats why we should always keep our word when possible, for what if God said that no one may come to Him through Jesus, even though thats the way His Word says to come to Him? Its just not something that can happen for God can not lie, and we were made in His image, so what should that say about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment